Monday, July 20, 2009
Alli’s Visit
So my best friend came recently and we had an amazing time. It was exhausting and exciting traveling to a new city each day. When she arrived we visited Munich right away. On Friday I gave her a tour of post and let her settle in. Saturday was the fourth of July and we had a Barbecue with a bunch of friends. On Sunday we had dinner and a movie around post. Monday we woke up early and spent the day in Prague. Prague is my favorite city to explore because it’s so alive and there’s always something new to see. Never mind the fact that it’s just beautiful in general. On Tuesday we visited Dachau which was a strange and powerful experience. Wednesday we visited a smaller town called Wurzburg and visited some of Alli’s old German friends. They were very sweet. A simple date for coffee turned into several hours that included coffee, dinner, and dessert. On Thursday we drove around looking for Rothenburg only to discover that there are numerous Rothenbergs in Germany and we did NOT find the right one. Whoops! We did however have a wonderful lunch from fresh breads and cheeses we bought at a local grocery store. On her last day we went to Regenberg, which, besides an awesome IKEA, is an old medieval town. It’s nice to visit some of the less touristy places because you can really see the German culture. Finally, on Saturday, we took Alli back to the airport. IT was so nice to have her here. We ate at my favorite restaurants and saw all my favorite parts of Germany. I look forward to lots more guests so I can show them my favorite sights and discover a few new ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad Alli got to visit you. I know you miss her alot. Sounds like you had a great time. I hope you get to take me to all those places some day.
Mom
Post a Comment