Thursday, June 25, 2009

This week in Germany

So we have moved the house around a bit and crossed a few more things off our list. We are double checking finances, trying to train the dogs, and working on household things. We invested in a deep cleaner to replenish our new rugs that have been all but destroyed by the dogs. It worked really well. However, the rug wasn't even completely dry before one of the dogs decided to 'remark' the area. Luckily, we'd decided to keep the cleaner on hand and spot clean every once in a while.

Terrel is healing nicely. He was given his temporary profile today. He can swim, walk or bike at his own pace. Everything else requiring his shoulder has some sort of limitation. He's rarely in pain now, usually only when he forgets or goes to grab something quickly. Terrel is finishing his last week of convalescence leave but is not very excited about returning to work. He has made great progress on his game :) and the house has been pretty spotless. It's been a big change to both be home together, it's a sneak peek at retirement! I've realized that it's a pretty nice deal to be able to stay home together and still get paid! My last check will come at the beginning of the month. Then I won't be paid again until September.

I'm already bored and looking for things to do! I have a lot of research, work, and reading to do before the year starts so that should keep me busy. The dogs are also going to the vet on Wednesday (both dogs getting neutered in one day), so I expect to busy next week. It also looks as though I'll be getting much more involved in Terrel's FRG and there are some big events happening with that next month.

Currently, I'm in bed with a stomach thing. We're not quite sure what it is, but it's not too bad. Terrel is being really sweet and checks in on me often. He made soup and grilled cheese. It's been really interesting lately to watch him experiment in the kitchen. He even attempted an 'asian style dish' the other night. I took pictures that I'll upload soon. I'm trying to teach him about different spices and how to make more balanced meals (instead of pasta, potatoes and bread lol). Since I'm far from a master chef, it's a fun thing to learn together. He definitely appreciated the island!

I hope you are are all well, we're thinking about you!

No comments: