My first year teaching is over. It’s a bit sad but also very good. The students made great progress and I’ll miss them a lot. I had such a wonderful class. I really couldn’t have asked for better. I also love working for DoDDS. It is very flexible and gives teachers a lot of freedom. Granted, there are a lot of safety nets incase a teacher isn’t getting the necessary progress… but if you’re kids are making good strides then you have a lot of freedom.
I like that I started just a bit late. This way, I had my first class, and next year will still be my first whole year as a teacher. ☺ I’m excited for the summer so I can study up on the curriculum, rest, and think about next year. I can reflect on what went well and what I want to change. Terrel has been a great support throughout everything. He’s been trying to keep things cleaner around the house since he’s home. He’s trying to cook some new dishes (when I give up the kitchen) and he’s taking the dogs out before I get home. It’s been a great but busy last few weeks.
I packed up my classroom today. It looks so sad when it’s empty. It just reminds me of how important it is that I make it look like a home. Terrel was sweet enough to bring me lunch so I could get done before the end of the day. We leave tomorrow for Garmisch, Germany. We’re going on our second marriage retreat and we’re really excited about it. The resort is so beautiful and who wouldn’t be excited about a free trip?
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment