Friday, April 3, 2009
Adventures at the Commissary
It’s funny how fast you can adjust to certain parts of army life. For example, I LOVE the commissary. Every American brand you could want is there for cheaper than you’ve ever seen it. They are not allowed to make a profit, so they tend to have really big sales. Every few months they have “Lot Sales” or “Box Sales.” Then, you can buy things in bulk like at a Sam’s Club or Costco. Terrel was a little worried at first thinking we were about to trump the national debt… then he started seeing all the things we buy individually and how cheap it all was. Needless to say, our cabinet, cupboards and some floor space are full. Grocery shopping is one of the few things we liked doing when we were dating that we still do pretty often. It’s nice to walk through the store and decide what we like, what we want to eat or make, and it’s not rushed. Sometimes the place is packed or Terrel’s tired so he’ll challenge me t get everything on the list in ___ minutes. I know, we’re corny but it’s the cheapest date ever. I mean, you have to buy the food anyway, why not make it an outing! I only take Terrel on the big trips. For weekly produce and stuff I always go quickly after school (it’s cheaper to shop without him ☺).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment