Well, it’s almost that time of year again. Teachers can start assembling their rooms in just a few days and students will return to school on the 31st of August. It’s been a very hectic few weeks and I’m feeling really unprepared. I’ll be spending a lot of time cramming under books and preparing lesson plans (incase anyone looks). It’s been a very busy and hectic summer. I do enjoy sleeping in later but cant help but feel like I’m wasting the day. Julie gave me a wonderful gift to help me get ready. She gave me a gift certificate to an online educational store that I use all the time. I was able to get all sorts of teaching aids, bulletin board supplies, and ‘Welcome’ stuff. Now I just have to decide where I’m going to put it all and how I’m going to arrange all the furniture. It’s going to be a big year. This is my first year teaching from the first day to the last all by myself. I’m not too nervous about it, yet. Our school is also having it’s customary review so all the teachers will be under even more scrutiny than ever. We have to be prepared to answer questions about all of our teaching techniques, materials, and everything else in the classroom. I have to keep reminding myself that although I hate that there’s so much work necessary, I love my job!
Wish me luck…. It’s the start of another Stress year, I mean school year.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment