As you know, Terrel has been in the process of getting his shoulder fixed for the past four years. He has had two surgeries and years of physical therapy. After this latest round of physical therapy and shot treatments didn’t work they sent him to a surgeon. He spoke with two different doctors, and one believes he can fix Terrel’s shoulder. Looking at his latest MRI, they believe that Terrel’s scar tissue didn’t break away/dissolve the way it normally should. (I am not a doctor I am translating what I understand). After the tissue is broken up, a liquid type pocket should form to separate the bone, muscle and tissue in his shoulder. This did not happen after Terrel’s previous surgeries and this is the suspected cause of his pain. He met with the doctor last week. The next surgery is schedule for May 28, this Thursday. He’ll be in the hospital for 4 days (Thursday-Sunday I believe). Then, he will have 4 weeks of convolescent leave. He’s really looking forward to the extended break, even though he’ll be out of commission. The hospital is about 40 minutes away. I’m not so excited about the drives back and forth or the return of the ‘one-armed gimp.’ But hopefully this will be the last surgery, at least to fix this problem!
On the bright side, we will be going to another marriage retreat at the beginning on June. They’re a lot of fun and a nice time away. Hopefully Terrel will be out of the sling by then but we’ll see. We hope everything is well at home and you are enjoying the warm weather. Let us know about exciting summer plans and send pictures. We’ll continue to try and keep you updated.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment