Wednesday, May 20, 2009

May...

Last time I checked the calendar it was February… at least that’s what it feels like. I can’t believe it’s already the end of May. Terrel and I both keep laughing that we can’t believe it’s already been a year. This time last year I had just graduated, was finishing up my internship and finalizing wedding details. What a difference a year makes! Now, we’re enjoying the warm German weather and taking long walks with the dogs. We have lots of plans for the summer but we’ll probably end up taking mostly weekend trips since Terrel still has to work. I have a lot of things I want to do for the classroom over the summer and we’re both trying to plan our coursework. Terrel still hasn’t got his new set of transcripts, which is holding up the process. He’ll be able to get most of his education and books through the army. I’ll be able to get some money towards tuition. I have to get the credits in a few years to keep my teaching license, but once I have 15 credits it’s also a big pay raise. I’m loving my job with DoDDS. It’s a wonderful school and my coworkers are amazing. I never would have thought I’d have so much freedom or support my first year. Also, since it’s DoDDS, I can transfer to any military post anywhere. It will be at least another year before I can get tenure/permanent contract. There is debate as to whether or not this year will count since I wasn’t hired at the beginning of the year. Anyway… that’s what’s going on here. There’s more little stuff but not much excitement. We’ll be going to a lot of fests and hopefully fins some treasures at the yardsales. Tons of people are moving so it’s a great time to find bargains. Send us some news from home.
Miss you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so excited to see the new posts on your site. The year has gone by really fast but I'm feeling the time, in that I haven't seen my kids in almost a year. I really am missing you both.

We are all getting geared up for Church camp. We leave on June 7th and will return on the 12th. Then June 22 thru the 27th, Johnathon, Alana, Dad and myself will be attending the National Associational Meeting in Springfield Missouri. We are staying at a motel half way between Springfield and Branson. We're hoping to cath some good shows in Branson while we're there.

I wish I was in the process of planning a trip to Germany. Dad hasn't been pursuaded yet that we should come there in November. I'm still trying. I miss you so much! Call when you can.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Everything is just crazy here. It was so good to hear from ya'll. Mom and I went this last weekend to spend some time with Alicia Kay. We went shopping and had a great time. It would have been awesome if you were here Alicia!! I miss you both so much!!

Love Ya'll,
Alana