I recently became a big traveler. My brother and I went to Prague, Czech and Vienna, Austria. It was wonderful. We saw lots and lots of really old building, The food was wonderful. I had no idea how different the different countries and cities were. It is really amazing to see building and read about people who lived only 3 or 4 hundred years after Christ. It’s just such a crazy thought. We were walking down a street and realized that it was the same street that the Nazi’s marched down, which was the same street that all royalty and emperors had walked. We did a lot of walking and it was really cold but it was amazing. The statues and architecture are unbelievable. It’s hard to believe what people built before there were cranes, bulldozers, and modern tools. We ate at everything from a five star restaurant to small cafes. We saw an Opera in “one of the top 5 opera houses in the world” (according to my brother). We also ate at a restaurant from 1430, and mastered the Austrian subway system. I’ll post pictures as soon as I get them from my brother.
Terrel was well taken care of in my absence. He enjoyed endless hours of game play and our neighbors gave him dinner on more than one occasion.
We are planning a few smaller trips over spring break. We’re not sure exactly where but we’re excited to get out and see things. Terrel doesn’t have a passport yet, so that limits our options. Whatever we do, we have to find someone to take the dogs while we’re gone.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hope you guys have a great time this week and enjoy some much needed R&R. Can't wait to see pictures of your adventures and to hear about everything you see and do. I miss you guys soo much and can't wait to see you in person again.
HAVE FUN!!!
Mom
That is so awesome that you got to travel so much Alicia. Ya'll get it all checked out, so that when we visit you can show us everything that we need to see over there!!!!
LOVE YA'LL,
Alana
Post a Comment