Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday

Today is just a beautiful day in Germany. I had the chance to talk with a couple of our neighbors. I used as much German as possible but they speak very good English. I did a favor for them and as a thank you they gave Terrel and I a very nice bottle of wine and some delicious chocolate. They also suggested a barbecue when the weather gets warm. Apparently, some things Americans are notorious for; Barbecue is one of them. We definitely fit that stereotype, if our huge grill wasn’t a big enough clue. They are building a small sandbox for their sons, very cute! They love Maverick and most of the conversational German I know is about dogs (pronounced ‘hound’ in German, puppy is ‘vow vow’). It is also flip flop weather again. We drove to post with the sunroof open, the windows down, and the radio up. I hope it stays this way for a while. We’re also enjoying the longer days. It truly feels like spring break.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I just realized that I haven't been on your blog for a while. So, I am caught up now. I sent you and Terrel a package in the mail yesterday, April 8, and I think you will love it. I am going to try to do better about keeping in touch. Comments on here and emails may be flooding into your computer...not really, but I really do want to stay in touch better. I know ya'll are busy and so am I, but "WE ARE FAMILY", and yes I was singing the song in my head as I wrote that. :) I love you both bunches!!!!
Alicia Kay