Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Terrel and I had a great Valentine's Weekend. He had a "four day," meaning he had four days off. I had a Teacher in-service on Friday and Monday off. It was a great weekend. We had a "home-cation." We locked our door, watched movies, played games, and just hung out. We played in the snow with the dogs a bit. We also made really simple meals. Terrel has a new specialty: Pork Stir-Fry. For Valentine's Day he cooked and we watched "Fireproof." We've decided to make it our new Valentine's Day tradition. He bought me a Wii for Valentine's and we got some fitness programs to help us lose some of the newlywed weight. I also got blue and white roses (because I love Penn State too). Terrel got the short end of the stick with some candy and a couple of new books. He also got another stomach bug. We're not sure what it is, but I've cleaned ever surface in the house. I've also encouraged hand washing... something you just never learn.

How do teachers keep from getting sick.... washing their hands, disinfecting the classroom, vitamins, and hand sanitizer. :)

Other than that little hiccup, we've both had a great weekend. Next week will be a little crazy because I'll be at a conference on Thursday and Friday. I've been asked to be the "enlisted spouse" representative for the next Army Family Action Plan conference. Basically, I go and list any complaints or concerns along with a lot of other people. Then, with the help of army delegates we try to find solutions. Those problems and ideas are then taken to a smaller committee where they are approved or given more consideration.

That's our week! Make sure to look below for pictures or our new pup, Hercules. Don't be fooled, it's a long name for a little dog. He and Maverick are the best of friends. It has made all the difference in our house. Now, Terrel and I come home to two happy dogs, instead of one attention crazed pup.

Have a great week!

No comments: