Monday, November 24, 2008

Getting Ready

So things here are getting a bit crazy. I've spent the last few days trying to hang pictures and pick up around the house. It took a few days just to get the house organized enough to clean it. Terrel did a very nice job, by the way. :) We bought a few more storage devices to hold all our junk... i didn't know two people could accumulate so much so quickly. I can't wait to have it all set up so I can take pictures. It's almost there but Thanksgiving is just a few days away. We're having about nine people over so I'm trying to get everything ready. I'll start baking tonight, but the real trouble will be Thursday. We have a very very tiny oven. We also have a nice 14 pound turkey. I'm still trying to figure out how I am going to cook everything and the turkey without it all getting cold. Terrel's suggestion was the microwave. Somehow I don't think it would all taste quite the same. I also thought of frying the Turkey, but that could be messy and requires buying a fryer. I'm open to suggestions from anyone who might have one, or two.

I'm also in the process of applying for a teaching position with the Department of Defense. Unfortionately, my lovely alma mater is giving me some trouble. I'm trying to get my transcripts but you'd swear I was hunting national secrets.

Last, we've had our first snow and the view is amazing. It's hard not to sing Christmas carols, but I refuse to until after Thanksgiving. There's a lot of Christmas Fests beginning. Everyone says Christmas is a magical time to be in Germany. I definitely think they have the food stuff covered. The chocolate and breads here are amazing. I'm also falling in love with the giant pretzels, especially when you dip them in hot chocolate.

Happy Thanksgiving in case life gets to crazy to post again before then. I'm sending warm thoughts and figuring it's probably colder here than where you are :)

No comments: