Wednesday, November 26, 2008

AWESOME NEWS !!!

So today was an awesome day. Being that it is the last day before Thanksgiving break everyone was in a great mood. Teachers were having parties and watching movies since almost half the school was absent and we're entering a 5 day vacation. In teacher language that means, anything I teach today will be forgotten and it'll be a struggle. As a result I had time to talk to other teachers and got a very cool dress for the Christmas Ball in December.

Also, Terrel and I had our last home inspection and got lots of compliments. Bold colors or not, we've definitely defined this home as our own. As soon as we complete our CPR training we'll have a few last papers to complete and then they'll begin placing children with us. Lucky for us, but also unfortionately, it seems that there are already a few children who will be needing a placement.

Finally, the MOST exciting news of the moment. I HAVE A CLASSROOM!
That's right. I, Alicia Culp, have my very own first grade classroom! I'll be shadowing the current teacher starting next week and could take over beginning Dec 8. :)

Some days are just awesome.
Off to bake a million breads and pies for the army that's coming tomorrow.

No comments: