Terrel was called into work this morning to fix the tow-truck and go retrieve a vehicle. You wouldn’t believe the pictures unless you saw them, but apparently someone managed to flip a humV onto it’s roof. No one was hurt, but it made his day more interesting.
Our only plans for the day are babysitting later, and then the Penn State game early in the morning. It will be 2am by the time the Nittany Lions kick off, but there’s something about watching them play that makes me feel at home. I particularly love when they play at home so I can watch the students section and listen to the announcers brag about Penn State fans. WE ARE… PENN STATE!
The time difference here is still hard to get used to. Here it is 1300, and most of the people I know aren't awake yet. The 6-7 hour difference really isn't a big deal until the weekend. When I used to call friends early in the afternoon, I now have to wait until bedtime or later just to avoid waking them up. However, it's a small price to pay to live in such a pretty place, with such excellent food! The goal for next week is to go eat out again. The only problem is that in Germany eating out can take 4 hours or longer. Unlike America, once you sit at a table it's your for however long you want it. No one will hand you a bill until you ask for it, and a simple cup of coffee can take an hour. It's a whole different world over here, but I'm enjoying it.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment