Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Another Day

Today was a pretty great day. It was the first day back after a long weekend but was also the first day Terrel and I worked with two cars. I got an extra hour of sleep, the dog got a lot of attention, and the whole day ran smoother. There was no rushing around or hours of driving. Instead, I got ready for work, went, finished, went grocery shopping, took the dog for a walk, and made dinner. I could tell it took a lot of pressure of Terrel too. He finished work, checked the mail, and called before heading off post. It’s a little bit more freedom, a lot less planning, and a big blessing we’re both very thankful for. In addition, we’ve both been driving on the same tank of gas for over a week! That’s a small miracle and a huge budget saver.


We’re both healthy and happy. Terrel is excited that the expansion for his game comes out in a few weeks. I’m pretty sure I’ll lose him for a week or two, but he’ll come back eventually. He just found out that he’s been assigned “duties” for Oct 18-25. Duties are jobs within his company that need to be done. They are divided amongst the various units in the company and everyone takes turns doing them. The length and type or duty varies. In addition, who assigns them and who carries them out also depends on the duty. In other words… it seems pretty random and you never can predict when one is coming. It’s been a while since Terrel was assigned one. We think they were giving us a chance to get settled. However, the timing stinks because it means that all his appointments need to be rescheduled and I’ll be alone for my birthday. Anyway, I’m trying not to think about it. I have plenty to keep me busy with our rambunctious, yet un-housebroken puppy, and my teaching.

Hope all is well. Talk to you soon,

Love, Alicia

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates. Would love to see pictures of your cars and of course more pictures of the country. Love ya!

Mom(Julie)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates. I'd love to see pictures of the cars. I'm glad you're enjoying them.

Love ya!
Mom(Julie)

Julie said...

Thanks for the updates. I'm always anxious to hear more. Would love to see the cars you got and of course more of the country.
Love ya!
Mom