After a long night of phone calls, and crunching numbers we are going to be able to get two new cars. Thanks to the help of family, we’re going to be able to replace the broken car and buy the second car. We’ll be saving a lot of money on gas and maintenance. It will also be nice for Terrel and I both to have some independence. We’ll both have a little more free time since we won’t be chauffeuring each other around. Having one car has been a huge inconvenience for us both. It meant that I had to wake up with Terrel for PT at 5:30. Then I would usually wait around if he had physical therapy or duty. I drive 25 minutes home, let the dog out again, get ready for work, and arrive at the school by 8:00. When I get out at 3:00 I go home, let the dog out, and pick-up Terrel. If there are any changes in our schedule then one or both of us end up waiting. It also means Terrel walks around post to get from PT to work and around post. So… having two cars will also save our mental health ☺
Tonight I got an email from the school. They wanted to remind me about substituting on Wednesday afternoon. In addition, they have offered me a permanent substitute position. I will be filling a classroom aide position in a learning development classroom. It’s not my dream job but it’s a great school and room. It’s a different type of instruction so I’m excited for the challenge. It also means that I know I can work every day but also have the freedom to take off if Terrel has leave or something needs to be done.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment