Thursday, October 2, 2008
The Car
Well today wasn't too much fun. I took the car to the repair shop on post to have the wheel aligned. It's always something with this car otherwise it wouldn't be called a Break My Wallet (BMW). Our lovely '92 BMW has seen a better day, several of them in fact. Recently, it managed to ruin a brand-new pair of all weather tires. So I took it into the shop and waited 7 hours for it to be fixed. When I returned, not only had they not completed the job, but they had a list of everything that was wrong with our car. Most of the things were minor and we already knew about them. Fr example, our driver's side window does not roll down. This is a "beater" car, as they are referred to on post. They are cars that you "beat" around in. The Germans refer to them as "Hoopties." Either way, ours is in poor condition. Luckily, Terrel can do most of the work himself but it will be out of commition for a while. So, tomorrow we go car shopping. No more BMWs, unless they're from this decade. We'll let you know what our "reliable" car turns out to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey guys!!! Love ya'll
Love, Alicia (the other one)
Dear Terrel and Alicia,
I love your idea of having a blog to keep us informed. I have added the address to my "favorites" list.
Enjoy yourselves in this great adventure and pet Maverick for us!
Love,
Uncle Dave and Aunt Anne
Dear Terrel and Alicia,
I love your idea of having a blog to share your adventures with us back in the states!
Enjoy yourselves, be careful, and pet Maverick for us.
Love,
Uncle Dave and Aunt Anne
Post a Comment