Sunday, April 26, 2009

Us...

Terrel had a duty three days last week, which he is still recovering from. He had to sleep on an army cot and he says his shoulder is still bothering him a bit. You will notice in some of the pictures that he is wearing a brace… his hand was going numb and tickling. He said the brace helped some. Currently, he is taking antibiotics for an infection in his elbow (cellulitus). He has an appointment with a German surgeon to look at his shoulder. He should be having his third surgery on that arm within the next couple of months.

I’m fine.. almost healthy. I’ve had a bad head cold but nothing serious. It makes work a bit harder but my students are wonderful and understanding. The end of the school year is about 5 weeks away so I’m in a panic to get everything done. We have Mother’s day, a school play, lots of assessment, and we still have some material to cover. I worry that they’re not going to get where they need to be. But, I’m told that’s normal.

Maverick and Hercules are still not housebroken. In fact, since I’ve been sick (and taking them out less) they’ve gotten a lot worse. Terrel isn’t as quick about getting them out. So, this week I woke up twice to poop, because they didn’t go out before Terrel went to work. Let me just say… waking up to poop is one of the worst ways to wake up. The room smells, you’re automatically frustrated at the dog and the person who was supposed to take them out, and you know the first thing you’re going to do is clean up poop! Also, Hercules may be the chicken hunter, but Maverick likes birds! He found/caught a baby bird and enjoyed it very much. He sat on the deck for an hour because he wanted to bring it in. On a positive note… I no longer worry about being a messy cook. As soon as I walk in the kitchen Maverick is next to me. He knows that I drop, splatter, splash things all over. So, he sits beside me and licks the air, cabinets, and floor for anything he can get.

That’s all for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I am SO jealous. The beautiful sights you guys are getting to see is amazing. I love hearing all about the experiences both of you get to enjoy. I also miss you both so much!!! Well, gotta get back to the schoolwork. Love ya bunches!!! Alicia Kay

Anonymous said...

Wow....Ya'll are living the life, huh!! I can't wait to visit. I miss ya'll so much, but I am so happy for ya'll. You are both getting such great life experiences. Love ya'll. I must get back to work!!

Alana